Urinetown – The Musical entertained audiences with its lively satire and comical musical numbers. With a great cast of old and new members, and in the capable hands of talented director Sarah Hedeen and music director Rich Alder, the quirky subject matter of this tongue-in-cheek play sprang to life, delighting audiences with sarcastic anti-musical commentary.
Some remarks overheard at performances:
- “I’ve never heard of Urinetown before, but it was the funniest musical I think I’ve ever seen.”
- “Very modern themes. I loved the satire.”
- “Amazing talent in this show!”
- “Hands down, the best dancing I’ve seen at a community theater musical!”
- “I figured it would be good, but I had no idea it would be THIS good!”
- “I feel like the leads should go on American Idol, seriously!”
We had a blast with this performance, and were thrilled to bring it to the stage.